all monthly petals counted, plucked,
womb waste trickles down hidden duct
“empty again”- your uterus instructs.
awkward circumstance, awful ache,
calendars created for womens sake
- hundreds of eggs must break.
society censors, body talk taboo,
medical history unwritten, not a clue
– is shadow-moon really lover to you?
hormones rip soft hearts to tatters
– temper tantrums, tears splatter,
men squeamish, sensitive matters.
belittled for menses blood clot
petty persecution, unhappy lot,
- romantic dreams of Camelot.
creator planned, motherhood part,
lovingly moulded, maternal heart
– special purpose, sure from start.